RETURN TO LIGHTHOUSE MAIN PAGE »
Cleveland East Pierhead Lighthouse
Built in 1927, this light is a long way from Erie, and not very impressive. The Cleveland Harbor East Pierhead Light stands at the western
end of a four-mile-long breakwater that protects Cleveland's waterfront. Sailing through the gap separating the two breakwaters in rough seas
was akin to threading a needle with a shaky hand, and the East Pierhead Light was the site of several daring rescues.
Today, boats approaching Cleveland sail past the east pierhead upon which a white tower with a black lantern room has been standing since 1911.
In 2005, the East Pierhead Lighthouse was temporarily removed so the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers could perform necessary repairs on the pier.
Location: East side of the entrance to the Cuyahoga River, Cleveland, Ohio
Here is the weather for Cleveland, Ohio: