RETURN TO LIGHTHOUSE MAIN PAGE »
Erie Pierhead Lighthouse
The new Presque Isle North Pierhead Lighthouse commenced operation in 1857. The tower was relocated to its present location in 1940 at which time it was outfitted with its present heavy steel plates. A string of fifteen keepers, starting with Samuel S. Foster in 1833 and ending with Robert Allen, who started his service in 1910, are known to have served at the light. The keeper's dwelling used for the lighthouse for at least part of this time can be seen at the Coast Guard Station near the Presque Isle North Pier.
Location: Located on a pier at the eastern tip of the Presque Isle Peninsula near Erie, PA
Here is the weather for Erie, Pennsylvania.