RETURN TO LIGHTHOUSE MAIN PAGE »
Fairport Harbor West Lighthouse
When the lamp of this light first burned in 1925, it made the old light ashore obsolete. Today this lighthouse still serves its intended
function by guiding lakeboats safely into Fairport harbor. Since this is an active Coast Guard light station, trespassing is frowned upon.
Standing 42 feet high, the light is equipped with a 300mm optic which has replaced its original Fourth Order optic. It is automated.
Location: On the west breakwater in Fairport, Ohio
Here is the weather for Fairport Harbor, Ohio: